Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Gaming Week! - Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare (Part 1)

Hey guys, so starting today is Gaming Week! So gaming week as the title suggests is about games! (Mostly video games but I will be playing magic the gathering.) And so for the first episode of gaming week, I'm reviewing a game I just got for my new Xbox One! What is that game you might ask? Well get some sunflower seeds and protect your brainz, because we're reviewing Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare! (In 3 parts)

So if you don't know what the Plants vs Zombies is, Plants vs Zombies is a strategy game series where you have to protect your house, roof, ainchent egypt, ect from zombies. What you do is you had to collect suns that fall on the ground and spend them on plants that can do anything from shooting giant peas at zombies to basically being a living nuke. I personally have loved the first 2 Plants vs Zombies games, I found them very fun and love to replay them all the time. But the creators of the game, Popcap decided to take a little turn with their game and turn an addictive strategy game into an amazing first person shooter.

So as I stated in the intro, I'm doing this in 3 parts. Today I'm just going to go over the plants playable. I'm only going over the ones you start out with tough (yes, there are ones you can unlock.) I'll be going over both the playable plants, and all their abilities, so let's get to it!

Cactus: The cactus is by far my favorite character you can play as that shoots. He has his main weapon, the spike launcher that's very accurate and is good for racking up K.O's. I like to attack from rooftops with him and it can really destroy some zombies. The cactus does have some cool abilities. A good ability the cacti have is they can drop down potato mines which explode the second a zombie comes by. Then they can put down wallnut barriers which can be a good combo with the potato mines to explode zombies that go around. Finally the cactus can send out an onion drone which can fly around and shoot from above, the onion drone itself can also bomb zombies using popcorn missles which can really help.

Chomper: The chomper is my real favorite character of all time. He's essentially Audrey 2 from Little Shop of Horrors (one of my favorite movies.) He can't shoot anything, instead he bites. This is really fun for me because unless I'm plying as the cactus, I always miss my shots. He can also eat a zombie whole but that's really hard to pull off. But because he can't shoot he's at a disadvantage. This is why when playing as chomper, is best to let your enemies come to you. The best chomper is a sneaky chomper. The chomper can use a digging attack where he can go under ground then jump out and eat zombies this can also help with the chomper's sneaking if your not very patient. Remember before when I said the chomper can't shoot? Well he can goop! The chomper is very slow and can't really keep up with most zombies. The chompers goop can stop this as any zombie hit with goop loose all their abilities and become really slow. Again, very helpful. And finally, the chomper can put down vine traps which, trap zombies. Need I say more? Anyway it's helpful.

Peashooter: The peashooter, even though fast. It isn't really my favorite as I said I miss with most other shooters except the cactus although he still is pretty good. I can't really give you any strategy other than circle your enemies while shooting. Or as I like to call it, the Minecraft skeleton. He has a little chili bean bomb which is a stereotypical Mexican grenade. But it is very helpful still. Then the peashooter has the Hyper where he turns into Sonic the Peapod and goes super fast, jumps super high and all that stuff. Finally the peashooter can do a rooting attack which means the peashooter can't move while it's using it but it's really powerful. But that's really all I have to say about the peashooter.

Sunflower: The sunflower is your basic healer in a game. They have a shooting attack that's pretty good but very weak as well. As you would expect, the sunflower has a healing move where it ropes around the nearest plant and heals it. I recomend you stay out of battle or in a safe spot and heal anyone that comes by while attacking zombies. But the sunflower does have a rooting attack AKA a SOLARBEAM. Which is just beast. Finally, the sunflower can plant a heal flower which heals any plant nearby and can be great for setting up a camping spot. Anyway I do like the sunflower but it's very hard to use.

Anyway, that was part 1 of my PvZ Garden Warfare review and I'll see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment